Friday, February 21, 2014

Recovering Busy Bee

While I am recovering from the flu, and waiting for the snow to melt away, which it is doing as we speak I write this, due to thunderstorms and 60 degree weather, I am trying to get some of my knitting done.   The mud is getting deeper with the melting snow and now with the rain on top.  My horses and dogs are covered in mud.  Not to mention all the mud my son tracks into the house.



In the meantime, I am spending a bit of time working on my wardrobe following along on Coletterie's Wardrobe Architect project.  I am still working on sketches for my silhouettes, but I did get my colors finished.  On Coletterie, Sarai divided up her palette into three categories plus metallics.  I just used the first three which are: neutrals, near neutrals, and statement colors.

Here are my neutrals.








Black and white are my primary neutrals, although for some things I do wear the dark brown and taupe.  I tend to shy away from the cream and tan as much.


 Here are my choices for my near neutrals,




and for my statement colors.




The main thing I notice is that they are garden colors.  They are the flowers and plants that populate my garden, peonies, zinnias, ferns, lavender, blueberries, asters, bee balm, and cone flowers.

Soon, I hope to present my next pattern, the flower sweater.



No comments:

Post a Comment