- Look at what is in my closet, and decide what pieces I have that I like, and which ones need to go either to a used clothing store or to Goodwill or to be recycled into something new.
- What pieces do I like, made of fabric I like, but having a style I don't like anymore or is out of date? What can I do to update these pieces?
- Are there some out of date pieces that just need a tweak here and there?
Here are my rules:
- Only buy minimal fabric or trims and accessories such as snaps or buttons as needed to update the look.
- Use what is in my stash fabric wise wherever possible.
- Spend no new money on fabric. (I have a credit in the fabric store for winning a sewing contest, so I have about $100 or so left on the credit.)
- Track all my expenses.
Every Friday I will present a piece of clothing and show what I have and what I plan to do to it. Then I will see what I can do to update my closet!