Friday, October 12, 2012

Project Reveal Part IV: Sleeves

Besides making the muslin and getting it fitted, I have finished what I consider to be the most challenging part of the jacket: setting in the sleeves.  I never feel that my sleeves go in easily.  It almost always seems a real struggle.  This time, it wasn't too bad.  I used the sleeves from the original coat making some small modifications, but otherwise keeping them the same.  They are not perfect, but they are in.  I did add some flannel in the sleeve cap to help it keeps its shape.

I am now working on the skirt of the coat, which is a lot of fun, and much easier.  I am a bit worried, as the deadline is fast approaching and I still have to finish the coat, line both the coat and the skirt, dyeing the fabric for both, and making and embroidering the top.  Back to work...

No comments:

Post a Comment