Here is the front of the almost finished coat. It is a 3/4 length coat now, with a more fitted bodice, but with enough ease for me to wear a sweater underneath.
I did not have enough fabric from the old coat for the complete redo, so I used some fabric from a pair of my father's old wool pants. I took all the good wool pants and jackets from my parents' house when we cleaned out after they passed away. I have it all stashed back. I put piping in the princess seams front and back as a border between the different fabrics, and I also put fancy braid behind the collars and pockets.
I had three buttons which were handmade that I used. I have had these in my stash for years and I am glad I found the place for them.
I embroidered the lapels on the jacket using Mokuba embroidery ribbon. Unfortunately, I ran out of ribbon, so I am trying to find more so I can finish the coat. I have the back collar to finish and the cuffs. There is very little fabric left from the original coat. I am really pleased with the result.
Today I hope to finish the jacket lining.