Monday, November 28, 2011

Latest project

My latest project is a design that I drew a couple of years ago, bought the yarn for, and then never started. I finally decided to get started.  It is a sweater for my daughter, who is now 8.  It will be a bit fitted at the top.  I have started from the bottom of the fitted top, and will knit up to the shoulders.  Then, I will pick up stitches for the gathered skirt at the bottom of the sweater.  Here is a sketch that I did for it.


I am using a Debbie Bliss cotton yarn in a bunch of different colors.  Right now I am knitting with red and using a bright orange to knit a leaf pattern into the bodice. 


We'll see how the sweater progresses since I have a bunch of colors and may not have enough red to do the main body and the sleeves.  I will post my progress.


2 comments:

  1. I love that red and orange colour combo. I'll look forward to seeing the finished item.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an adorable sweater - that is some lucky little girl!

    could you send me an email? I'd love to send you a thank you gift - just because you make the world a better place!
    lyric@pobox.com

    ReplyDelete