I am in a "finish up the UFO" kind of mood. I finally finished this little sweater that I started before Christmas. I used the Malabrigo yarn left from another project, and had to add one more skein to have enough for the sweater. The sweater design is one that I copied and modified from a sweater we bought in California for my son 11 years ago. It has three buttons at the top, but none at the bottom so that as the baby moves to a sitting and crawling toddler, the sweater doesn't bunch up around his neck if it is buttoned. I made a few modifications, including using inset sleeves. Here is the finished sweater just before I packed it up and sent it to Alaska for my niece and her one year old son.
I decided to put a collar on this sweater version, and knit the cuffs and button band out of a contrasting yarn. I finished the lower part of the front of the cardigan with a row of crochet.
If anyone is interested, I can send you a pattern.